Celebrate your beauty with a sexy boudoir photoshoot. Whether you’re gifting the photos to someone special or treating yourself to a day that’s all about you, boudoir photography can help you see yourself in a new light. A boudoir photoshoot is all about exploring your sexiness and boosting your self-confidence – it doesn’t matter whether you’re a size two or twenty-two.
The key to an outstanding boudoir photoshoot is finding an outfit that makes you feel amazing. Lingerie is all about appreciating the female form, so choose something that accentuates your favorite features or choose something with a little more coverage and leave the details up to the imagination.
Here are some simple tips for choosing the right lingerie for your boudoir photoshoot along with some beauty tips to help you nail your shoot.
Find an Outfit that Makes You Feel Amazing
The female body is beautiful and sensual, so find an outfit that flatters your shape and makes you feel confident. If you’re going for a soft look, choose lingerie in white, ivory, or pastel colors. For a sultry, sexy vibe go with something in red, gray, or black. Go for feminine details like lace or keep it casual with a silky camisole. Whatever you choose, make sure you wear it with confidence and pride.
We all have our little insecurities, but the beauty of boudoir photography is that there’s nowhere to hide. The shoot is all about exploring your sensuous side and celebrating your body. That being said, if there are areas you’d like to keep covered, you can make it happen by choosing the right lingerie.
If you’re self-conscious about your tummy or don’t want to show a lot of midriff, grab some high-waisted shapewear or a corset belt. The Milana Bralette and High Waist Panty Lingerie Set is flattering on all sizes, keeping your stomach covered while highlighting your legs and décolletage. Bodysuits are also flattering on all body types, so consider the Jeana Lace Teddy or the Naomi Halter Lace Bodysuit to showcase your sexy curves without being too revealing.
There’s no rule that says a boudoir photoshoot has to be revealing – it’s all about your comfort level. If you’re uncomfortable in lingerie, start with something casual like a feathered robe or a lacy night dress. As you gain confidence throughout the shoot, you may choose to transition into something a little more revealing. You might even get creative with your outfit. If the photoshoot is a gift for your partner, bring along one of his button-down shirts to wear in a few shots.
Don’t Forget About AccessoriesOnce you’ve selected an outfit or two, think about accessories. Depending how long your session is, you may have time for one or two outfit changes but swapping accessories is a quick
and easy way to add some variety without taking up too much time. Something as simple as a pair of high heels can elevate a shot and give you some new poses to try out.
There’s nothing sexier than a garter belt. The Rhea Elastic Garter Belt in bright red is the perfect accessory to accentuate your hips and draw attention to your legs. Pair it with a red lacy bra and panty set and a pair of thigh-high stockings. If you’re looking for something simple to add variety to the shot, consider the Bijoux Indiscrets Louise Eyemask for a touch of mystery.
Jewelry makes for a great addition to a boudoir photoshoot, especially if you’re going for an artistic shot with your body blurred in the background. A long necklace can draw attention to your décolletage and bracelets can add a touch of sparkle to any shot. If the photoshoot is a wedding gift for your partner, be sure to feature the engagement ring in a photo or two.
Beauty Tips to Help You Nail Your Shoot
In most cases, boudoir photoshoots are all-inclusive. You select and provide the lingerie while the studio takes care of your hair, makeup, and the photography. Though you won’t have to bring much with you on the day of your shoot, there is some preparation involved in the week leading up to your shoot. A simple skincare routine can go a long way in making sure you look and feel your best on the big day.
Here are some simple beauty tips to help you look your best:
- Cleanse your skin twice daily in the week leading up to the photoshoot and wear sunscreen (at least SPF 30) to protect against sun damage.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles with an anti-aging cream or treat acne dark spot with acne cream.
- Moisturize your skin after cleansing in the morning and evening – you may want to use a thicker cream at night to take advantage of your skin’s increased permeability.
- Exfoliate 1 to 3 times per week to remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface and to reveal newer, more youthful skin underneath.
- Remove unwanted facial hair and do some maintenance on your eyebrows – don’t worry about overplucking because you can make corrections with makeup.
- Wash your hair a full day before the photoshoot so it doesn’t look greasy or flaky – you may also want to use a volumizing mousse when you blow it dry to add a little volume.
- Choose a shade of nail polish that matches your lingerie or go with a classic French manicure – be sure to take care of your toes as well!
- If you’re not planning to wear high heels during the shoot, make sure to exfoliate and moisturize the bottoms of your feet.
Your boudoir photoshoot will be what you make of it. Consider it an opportunity to explore your sexy side and to push the boundaries of your comfort zone. Just remember there are no rules – you can show as much or as little as you like. Pick an outfit that makes you feel fabulous and arrive at the studio ready to celebrate your body and your beauty, both inside and out.